Top 10 Romantic Things to Say to Your Boyfriend
Stars dance like tiny spotlights around the full yellow moon up in the sky. You’re wrapped in a blanket, sitting on the beach with your boyfriend, both of you gazing more at each other than at the stars above. The tide rolls in and out to a gentle rhythm. The mood is set, the setting is perfect. Now the only thing left to do is say the perfect thing that will really make the night magical. But then you freeze. You open your mouth but nothing comes out. The beautiful boy next to you tilts his head questioningly in your direction. All that escapes your lips is a pitiful squeak. Ever been in this horrible situation? Have no fear. I’m here to tell you the top ten romantic things to say to your sweetheart when you feel yourself start to freeze.
- “I love you.” These three words may seem obvious, but many people take them so for granted that they forget to say them on a regular basis. Make sure you don’t make that mistake!
- When you’re standing across the room from your guy but want to get his attention, mouth the phrase “elephant shoes.” It looks like your lips are shaping the words “I love you”, and it’s a great conversation starter later if your sweetie does notice something different.
- “I can be myself when I’m with you.” This simple phrase is very important for the health of a relationship. You need to feel like you don’t have to pretend to be something you’re not when you’re around your boyfriend.
- “You understand everything I don’t say.” Saying this brings strength to a relationship. It implies that your boyfriend understands you so well, you don’t have to voice every thought for him to understand it.
- Just compliment him! “I love the way your eyes light up when you smile.” “I love the way your hair falls in your face when you laugh.” These attentive compliments will let your guy know that you understand him on a deeper level than if you simply said, “I like your shoes.”
- “I feel so safe when you hold my hand.” Your boyfriend will feel good if he knows that you feel like he is strong and can protect you. Telling him you feel safe around him will show how you feel.
- “I promise to always be honest with you.” Honesty is the most important aspect of a strong relationship. Saying this is romantic, and it subtly lets your guy know that honesty is important to you. Make sure to keep your promise!
- Shoot him over a “Good morning!” text. This will let him know that you’ve been thinking about him.
- “I miss you!” This is an essential line, but only if your guy has been AWOL for a while. Saying it every time you see him in the hallways at school can make you come across as clingy.
- “I’m so happy whenever I’m with you.” This compliment can be the most romantic thing you can say. It really shows how much you care. Only use this phrase if you really mean it, however.
Don’t try too hard! Just be yourself and the right words will fall into place.